Key Audience: Grant Award Administrator
The purpose of a Grant Award Modification (GAM) is to update award details, modifying key facts or details about the award. JustGrants focuses on true modifications to an award and in the following training materials, a Grant Award Administrator will learn how to create the three types of GAMs – Project Period Extension, Programmatic, and Financial.
- Initiate a GAM
- Extend the length of the funded award
- Modify budget details or approve a budget that received a conditional clearance
- Request to update the Project Title and Project Description
In this eLearning video series, you will:
- Learn the purpose of Grant Award Modifications (GAMs)
- Explore the various types of GAMs
In this video, you will learn about project period extension GAMs.
In this video, you will learn about creating programmatic and financial GAMs.
The following provides further clarification, definitions, and visual representations of processes and information.
- Grant Award Modifications Job Aid Reference Guide (updated January 23, 2024)
- Grant Award Administrator Budget Clearance Change Request (updated March 11, 2022)
- Post-Award Management: Grant Award Modifications (GAM) FAQs